Full Stack Developer, Junior
Friday, August 16
Who We Are
Clausehound is a legal tech company, with PaaS and SaaS offerings geared towards entrepreneurs, students and businesses. We help teach how to build, compare and understand legal contracts. Clausehound’s business law library and flagship product, DealPrep, provides students, entrepreneurs and business professionals with a deep understanding of legal clauses, and institutions (colleges, universities and entrepreneur education organizations) with case-based/scenario-based training materials designed to teach negotiation tactics.
Please be sure to specify your level of expertise with respect to the technologies listed above. Specify: none, low, medium, or high. Where you have none/low, take a moment to read up, and be prepared to discuss what you’d be interested in learning about. While we work with a diverse stack, strong fundamentals outweigh rote knowledge of any specific language or library.
- Familiarity with the latest web development trends
- A university degree in computer science, computer programming, or comparable experience
- Interest in working on the development of our machine learning technology, or in developing a sophisticated database system, or in developing design tools to solve complicated workflow problems
- Ability to self-direct, direct junior team members, and work with minimal supervision
- Experience in optimizing products to improve user experience
- Common character traits on our team that we want to see in others we bring onboard
- Perseverance, no matter the obstacle
- Pride in developing clean code of the highest quality
- Values data over dogma
- Intellectually curious
- Keen on enhancing the client experience
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team setting
While entry is open to non-graduates, preference will be given to those with relevant degrees.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Web developer, you will be working on the web app used by Clausehound’s community of students, and legal and business professionals. You will also be working closely with a group of 2 to 3 talented developers as well as the sales, knowledge and management teams. Your work will make a big impact on a small company!
Aspects of our site that you will be working with: UX, data modelling, business logic, machine learning, NLP, distributed apps, security, 3rd party integration (e.g. Google Apps, Salesforce, etc.), and some light devops.
If you want to help change an entire industry and have fun at the same time, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
$Competitive, commensurate with experience.
40 hours per week
Perks and benefits
A discretionary bonus may be awarded from time to time.
Candidates are expected to bring in their own personal computer and cellular phone.
Interested candidates may contact
Please email your cover letter and resume.