Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we’re part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can stop fighting software and get back to doing their best work.
Love your work term and make an impact
This is your opportunity to apply your knowledge at a dynamic and growing company using the latest frameworks and technologies. At Vena, you will be an integral part of our development team, responsible for supporting various components of our full-stack solution. Throughout your co-op experience, you will innovate and push technology forward, with support from the best and brightest in the industry.
We are looking for aspiring developers who enjoy trying out the latest technologies and aren’t afraid to experiment. Here are some of the many technologies we use to build our software stack:
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine that makes use of Jetty, Google Guice, and Dropwizard
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, CassandraDB
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in that turns spreadsheets into a window on the customer’s data.
- You are currently pursuing a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field
- You have a passion for technology and a focus on keeping stack current with the latest client-side tools and libraries
- You are deeply involved in the software development community (whether it be through personal projects, participation in hack days or Hackathons, or contribution to open source initiatives)
Area of Study: Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Check out our team blog to learn more about the Vena internship experience, our culture, and much more: engineering.vena.io.
How to Apply: