Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Experienced
Position Type: Other
Position Location: Mississauga, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-09-30
ICUBE is the business accelerator at the Institute for Management & Innovation, University of Toronto Mississauga. ICUBE offers students and community youth early-stage business development & commercialization services including an entrepreneurial curriculum, business advisory services, collaborative space, expert speaker sessions, and a mentorship program.
Thanks to the Ontario Centres of Excellence and other partners, the space contains innovative programming & support that will strive to build a culture of innovation & entrepreneurship at UTM.
ICUBE UTM is looking for qualified start-up mentors.
To provide support and guidance to a young entrepreneur assigned by ICUBE UTM to successfully establish and sustain his/her new business start-up.
Anticipated time contribution:
4-6 hours per month
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Meet regularly in person with young entrepreneur to discuss business progress
- Work with the young entrepreneur to identify and reflect on specific goals and actions needed in order to successfully run a business
- Help the young entrepreneur to identify other sources of support as appropriate
- Provide encouragement to sustain the young entrepreneur’s motivation
- Recognize and celebrate progress as it is made
- Submit quarterly reports to ICUBE (10 minutes to complete) regarding the status of the relationship and business progress
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures of ICUBE and the University of Toronto
- Adept at relating to and empathizing with young people and their aspirations
- Capable of developing the skills of young entrepreneurs to make strategic business decisions for themselves
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries while providing valuable guidance during business start-up
- Skilled at providing positive and constructive feedback and challenging assumptions as required
- Accessible, reliable and able to meet commitments
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
If interested please email Ignacio Mongrell, Strategic Relations & Innovations Manager