Certificate in Entrepreneurship
If you’re thinking about starting a new business or are building one, the Certificate in Entrepreneurship will guide you through key strategic decisions and planning milestones.
You’ll reduce your startup risk by developing and validating your business concept using the latest tools and strategies. You’ll also accelerate the growth of your business by building realistic business, marketing and financing plans that target the right market with the right strategy and messaging at the right time.
Participants will work one-on-one with instructors and meet successful entrepreneurs to gain real-world insights to apply to their business.
MaRS co-created the Certificate in Entrepreneurship with the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. The Certificate program launched in October 2013 and is currently offered at the St. George campus.
What you’ll learn
- Use lean startup methodology to understand your target customer
- Validate and build a sustainable business model
- Develop a marketing plan that reaches target customers
- Build and manage a strong, competent team
- Manage your finances using key financial statements and tools
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) exemption may be granted for one course.