Meet the Strategic Investors and Acquiring Executives
Find out who is acquiring, purchasing and partnering with innovative companies and what they are looking for from a trade sale, partner, or licensor?
- What do innovative companies look for when acquiring, partnering with or licensing technology?
- What is the state of corporate venturing and how will this impact the development and commercialization of technologies?
- How do corporations co-exist in the innovation eco-system with entrepreneurs and investors and what are the prevailing trends?
- Which segments of the innovation economy are underserved and show promise and opportunity?
- What are some key transactions between corporations and emerging companies, and what attributes and structures did they reveal?
Moderator: John Ruffolo, Leader of the Technology, Media & Telecommunications – Deloitte. Participants: Claudia Fan Munce, Managing Director and Vice President – IBM Venture Capital Group and IBM Corporate Strategy, Nitin Kawale, President – Cisco Systems Canada Company, Peter Rokkos, Partner and General Counsel – Comcast Interactive Capital, Chris Wormald, Vice President Alliances – Research In Motion.
MaRS – Building Canada’s next generation of global technology companies. www.marsdd.com