To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Doors Open Toronto and the 175th anniversary of Toronto, this year’s event features 175 venues and the MaRS Centre is happy to open its doors once again.
Want to know more about MaRS? Here’s your chance to get a free tour!
The MaRS Centre features a five-story high atrium enclosing a portion of the original Toronto General Hospital where the first clinical trial of insulin took place. Today, MaRS is a leading commercialization centre connecting entrepreneurs with investors, advisors, and market intelligence to accelerate the growth of high potential businesses. It encompasses 700,000 square feet and is home to over 70 organizations: technology start-ups, fast-growing businesses and leading venture capitalists.
The MaRS Centre is located at 101 College Street and will be open from 10:00am-5:00pm on Saturday, May 23 and Sunday, May 24. The last admittance to the MaRS Centre is 4:00pm.
If you’re a history nut, you’ll definitely be interested in reading about the history of this amazing building and its roots in innovation. Check out “The History of the MaRS Heritage Building”.
Programmes will be available at the College Street entrance. There will be signage in the elevators and throughout the building for self-guided tours. There are seven stops:
- Heritage Building – The Birthplace of Insulin (Atrium)
- PointerWare Innovations – Learn how they fared on the Dragon’s Den (2nd Floor)
- The Martin Prosperity Institute – Ask about the The Colbert Report interview on Comedy Central (4th Floor)
- MaRS Advisory Services – Ask about the greatest challenges facing entrepreneurs today (2nd Floor)
- MaRS Innovation – Learn about Ontario’s plan to commercialize research (2nd Floor)
- Social Innovation Generation Group – Ask how you could make a difference in Toronto (Atrium)
- Ontario Institute of Cancer Research – Learn about Ontario’s fight against cancer (5th Floor)
Come on out and bring your camera!
If you get snap-happy, we’d love to see your work. Submit them to our Flickr Group here.
A video person? Well, you can send those to us too and even learn more about us on Vimeo: