Innovation without borders: Google Hangout with UCSC in Philadelphia
MaRS CEO Ilse Treurnicht recently took part in a live Google Hangout with Stephen S. Tang, CEO of University City Science Center in Philadelphia, to discuss all things innovation on both sides of the border. Kerry Grens, associate editor at The Scientist, moderated the chat.
More than 200 people joined the Hangout, and while the majority of them were from the United States and Canada, people from as far away as Turkey and Greece tuned in.
Here are just some of the topics that were discussed.
- The role of incubators and innovation centres
- Selling to a global market
- Commercializing research—that is, pulling technology out of the lab and moving it into the marketplace
- Up-and-coming startups in both cities
- Trends and opportunities
Missed the chat? Watch the hour-long Hangout video or check out the Twitter hashtag for the Hangout #ScMaRS.
- Five tips on doing business in Silicon Valley
- Operating in the US: Canadian startups, nexus and taxes
- How do I find US market data?