How was MaRS involved?
MaRS hosted the Toronto RTDS, with a particular focus on AI and machine learning. As North America’s largest urban innovation hub, equipped with transportation-sector experts, the Toronto RTDS was pleased to offer all AVIN participants:
- business and technical advisory services from MaRS experts and partners specializing in data science, AI/machine learning, product development, software development and more;
- access to workspace within MaRS, including MaRS Beta, coworking space with state-of-the-art meeting rooms, audio-visual support and hot desks;
- entry to exclusive events and problem-solving workshops with corporate partners and venture companies;
- access to relevant open data sets for research and development;
- access to market intelligence services — globally recognized research and reports in the connected/autonomous vehicles (C/AV) and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) sectors; and
- access to the AVIN Data Index — created and hosted by MaRS, this data sharing website allows data owners and users to facilitate research and product development for C/AVs in Ontario.
In addition to the Toronto RTDS offerings, participants accessed other AVIN services provided by its broad network to:
- develop products within autonomous vehicle test environments;
- secure R&D funding;
- foster partnerships and sales opportunities with leading companies, research institutions and government organizations; and
- join the curated MaRS ecosystem of AI venture companies, corporate partners, investors and potential customers.