AVIN at MaRS
Driving Ontario’s transportation technology ecosystem
What is AVIN?
The Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN) is an $80-million program designed to reinforce Ontario’s position as a North American leader in transportation technology and infrastructure systems. AVIN supports small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) working in driverless cars, vehicle cybersecurity and real-time fleet routing, among many other innovations.
How is MaRS involved?
MaRS hosts the Toronto RTDS, with a particular focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning. As North America’s largest urban innovation hub, our stable of transportation-sector experts are pleased to offer all AVIN participants:
- business and technical advisory services;
- access to collaboration and meeting space within the MaRS Centre;
- problem-solving workshops with corporate partners and venture companies; and
- access to relevant open data sets that technology developers can use for research and development.
In addition to the Toronto RTDS offerings, participants can access other AVIN services provided by its broad network:
- develop products within autonomous vehicle test environments;
- secure R&D funding; and
- foster partnerships and sales opportunities with leading companies, research institutions and government organizations.
The MaRS ecosystem
Our stable of partner organizations offer AVIN participants technical expertise and collaboration opportunities, as well as access to infrastructure and data sets. These organizations include:
Osh Momoh | Chief Technical Advisor
Jesika Briones | Senior Manager, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
Become a participant
If you are interested in becoming an AVIN participant, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
101 College Street, Suite 401