Earlier this year, we launched and published the Green Button Download My Data standard. As of now, over 2.5 million households in Ontario have access to their data in a secure, privacy-enabled, standardized manner.
We’re getting ready to launch the next step of the Green Button in Ontario, the Connect My Data phase, and are looking for a few solution providers to be the first to adopt the standard and roll out their products to consumers in Ontario.
You can access the Request for Proposals document by logging in to Biddingo and searching for RFP# MaRS 13-22.
Participation in the pilot is a partnership opportunity to collaborate with utilities, regulators and other industry partners to lead the industry forward. The pilot provides a unique opportunity for participating solution providers to:
- Gain early access to the test environments and insight into the overall implementation of Connect My Data across different organizations
- Gain early entry into the Ontario market to obtain direct customer feedback, build solution awareness and capitalize on wider customer roll-out after the pilot
- Demonstrate customer engagement and the technical performance of solutions through an impact assessment activity
- Gain independent verification of privacy conformance through accreditation with an independent third party (cost covered to complete accreditation)
- Develop strong partnerships with leading utilities, regulators and industry partners to guide the continued realization of this market
- Receive a contribution toward expenses incurred (amount to be confirmed)
If you’re an application developer or solution provider in Ontario who works in the energy sector and is looking to use the Green Button to engage with customers, please apply!
Again, you can access the Request for Proposals document by logging in to Biddingo and searching for RFP# MaRS 13-22. Let us know if you have any questions.