How to Apply to EXCITE
Applications to EXCITE are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. EXCITE has a general application stream as well as a thematic call for applications for:
what: integrated care
who: for patients with complex chronic needs
how: by alleviate hospital burden and/or enable patients to live independently in their homes and communities
The next review cycles for applications start on:
- Application dates for 2018 will be posted shortly.
Eligibility criteria for EXCITE:
- Technologies, therapies, and tests that substantially improves clinical outcomes for patients or provides cost savings to the health system.
- EXCITE will select and evaluate breakthrough medical technologies from both multinational organizations and small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- EXCITE accepts applications from stem cell therapies and genetic tests.
- Generally, applicant technologies should be pre-market (that is, they should not have obtained Health Canada approval for the indications proposed). However, applications for health technologies that have already been licensed will be considered if this is of relevance to the industry and to the health system.
- Applicant technologies must be sufficiently developed to begin clinical trials. They should be beyond proof-of-principle, demonstrate preliminary safety data from preclinical model systems and have a technology/device ready for manufacture and use in field evaluations/ clinical trials.
- At present, EXCITE does not evaluate pharmaceutical products. However, applications for the evaluation of pharmaceuticals linked to non-pharmaceutical products, such as pharmacogenomics targeted therapy, may be considered.
- EXCITE will consider applications for healthcare information technologies, but cautions that considerations for evaluation will be predicated on the nature of the information technology and infrastructure resources available to test them.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to the EXCITE program, please contact the EXCITE team at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application using the forms below.
EXCITE Program Application Form
EXCITE Application Executive Summary Template
MaRS recognizes your need for privacy. By submitting personal information to MaRS, you agree to our collection and use of such personal information to keep a record of the applicants to the EXCITE program and contact them with updates as we assess each application. MaRS will keep the personal information secure and only use or disclose it for the purposes identified above or as required by law.