CADTH announces plans to update guidelines for Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies
Update of Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies: Canada
Current Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies: Canada, 3rd EditionAdd to My Files were published in 2006. The methods for conducting economic evaluations of health technologies are constantly evolving — therefore, it is important that CADTH’s guidelines provide up-to-date guidance.
This project has been undertaken to collaboratively assess and update the guidelines, and provide a 4th edition. Experts in the area of health economics will have a number of ways to participate in the update process.
The overall process will be conducted in five main phases:
- CADTH, in collaboration with health economics experts (Health Economics Working Group), will identify areas of the 3rd edition guidelines to be revised and new topics to be included in the update.
- Where the nature of the work requires, CADTH and the Health Economics Working Group will prepare requests for proposals (RFPs) for identified topics. Researchers will have the opportunity to submit proposals for topics through an RFP process. Where the updates can be addressed by the expertise of CADTH and the Health Economics Working Group, RFPs will not be issued.
- CADTH, in collaboration with the Health Economics Working Group, will review submitted proposals. Awarded authors/contractors will be notified by CADTH.
- All research and updated sections will be reviewed by CADTH and the Health Economics Working Group. The final draft of the guidelines will be posted for stakeholder feedback.
- The 4th edition of the guidelines will be finalized and published.
Read more here.