[inlinetweet]Calling all health tech innovators! #MaRSEXCITE is now accepting applications! Due Sept 2[/inlinetweet]
MaRS EXCITE is a world-first technology evaluation program where industry, the Ontario health system, and experts in health technology assessment collaborate to speed the adoption of breakthrough technologies. At the end of the program, EXCITE participants will have:
- a robust evidence package, called the EXCITE core evidentiary bundle, that they can use for both licensing and reimbursement and purchasing reviews in Canadian and global markets; and
- valuable feedback and experience engaging with health system stakeholders to understand what the infrastructure needs are to getting their technology to patients.
Who should apply?
EXCITE is open to innovators with health technologies that are in the pre-market/pre-adoption stage that are about to develop evidence to prove the safety, clinical utility, competitiveness and economic value of their technologies.
A key qualification for EXCITE is that the technologies be of breakthrough potential and offer significantly better patient outcomes or cost-savings (or both) at a system-level scale—in Canada and/or globally. EXCITE accepts applications in the areas of medical devices, health IT, personalized medicine and stem cell therapies from around the world. Innovators of all sizes are welcome to apply.
- EXCITE’s single, harmonized process mitigates risk and costs to investors and industry through pre-market endorsements and increased efficiency.
- Gain earlier feedback on technology from regulators, payers, clinical experts and market experts to reduce delays and unnecessary development costs.
- Provides way to engage health system and negotiate conditions for adoption before launch.
- Multi-centre studies involving markets of choice creates an efficient single platform to evaluate technologies across multiple jurisdictions in tandem with regulators and payers via the EXCITE model.
When are applications due?
- Applications are due by September 2, 2015.
- Want to learn more before you submit an application? Register for our free Program Information Session on August 20, 2015.