This three-part workshop series is designed to help early-stage ventures learn key MarCom components that will contribute to a cost-effective, high-impact MarCom strategy.
Marketing and communications (MarCom) is the ability to communicate your brand to your target customers through targeted channels and messaging that resonates with your customers’ problem or need.
Due to limited resources, many new ventures rely on low-cost marketing and communications strategies and activities to develop and scale their businesses. This workshop series examines the principles of MarCom strategies and provides relevant frameworks and tools for you to increase opportunities for growth.
This workshop will show you the key components that will contribute to a cost-effective, high-impact MarCom strategy. You will be able to identify where your marketing brand needs to go in order for you to grow your customer base and retain repeat clients.
This workshop is for startups that have entered into the prototype/beta or minimum viable product (MVP) stage of their business, startups who need to build marketing and communications skills, or simply those who want to brush up on key MarCom fundamentals.
“The workshop relating to key opinion leader (KOL) engagement was very timely for us. It provided us with some insights when engaging the KOLs that would further extend their engagement and further expanded our contact base.”
- MarCom Strategic Framework: target audience and credibility
- Marketing channels and activities
- Consumer’s buying process
- Communication techniques
- Identifying language for your target market
- Selecting and evaluating media platforms
Workshop Schedule and Registration
|1. Identify and define your target audience||A strategy to build a target audience as well as identify and engage with key opinion leaders (KOLs) to build domain leadership and credibility|
|2. Evaluating channels||A strategy to evaluate and select relevant marketing activities and media channels to complement your customers’ buying process, and develop a brand positioning statement|
|3. Communicating to customers||A series of clearly structured messages, a media selection template and key components of a media kit|
Interested in attending an upcoming workshop? Workshops are held regularly at MaRS and at our partner organizations across the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs.REGISTER
- Marketing communications
- What is marketing communication (MarCom)?
- Your marketing message: a tech startup’s key tool to reach target customers
- Positioning: Creating an image of your product in your target customer’s mind
- The elevator pitch: pitch your business to investors in 30 seconds
- Marketing communications
- Marketing plan for your product launch
- Advertising: Kotler on marketing
- The high-tech buying process and the technology adoption lifecycle
- Marketing communications for new technology and products
- Environmental analysis (or PEST) – an element of your startup’s strategic plan
- Customers: Kotler on marketing
- What Hollywood can teach us about delivering a killer pitch
- Building strong investor presentations beyond your pitch deck