Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical advice and support relating to:
- infectious diseases
- infection prevention and control
- surveillance and epidemiology
- health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention
- environmental and occupational health
- emergency preparedness and incident response
PHO operates the public health laboratories. PHO’s work also includes research, professional development and knowledge services. Our main clients are local public health units, government and health care providers and institutions.
PHO acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Government through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.