CEO: Jeff Dionne
Sub-sector: Energy IT and Smart Grid
Year founded: 2004
Smart Energy Instruments (SEI) develops game-changing measurement technologies to address today’s global energy environment challenges. SEI’s Smart Grid Sensor Chipset is the first universal measurement and communications core platform for next generation smart grid devices. It provides real-time, synchronized measurements that are vital for operating smart electricity grids. The platform enables utilities to increase grid reliability and efficiency, and to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy sources. It also lowers costs by integrating functions that currently require multiple devices and by reducing communications network requirements. SEI provides electric utilities and system operators an unprecedented ability to monitor, understand, control and plan electric power grids.
- Press Release: MaRS client Smart Energy Instruments and Hitachi High-Tech launch new solution to improve grid reliability
- News & Insights: MaRS client Smart Energy Instruments makes smart grid smarter with Hitachi partnership
- News & Insights: MaRS Cleantech Fund: We’re the Earth’s VC
- News & Insights: Cleantech lives!
- Press Release: MaRS announces launch of first dedicated, early-stage cleantech venture fund
- News & Insights: The MaRS Cleantech Fund: Early-stage funding for the Canadian cleantech ecosystem
- Press Release: Three MaRS cleantech clients secure angel financing with help from the MaRS angel program
- Press Release: MaRS client Smart Energy Instruments closes angel financing